Thursday, January 19, 2012

Story Part 8

The next installment is now ready for viewing. I didn't post on Facebook last week, but I did post, so if you missed it, I would recommend reading that post before this one. Just to keep you informed of my progress, I have about 5 posts left of what I have written so far. Now that you know, I will have to write more, because I hope to have at least one more post ready before next week. (That means next week I should have another 5 posts left).

The list he gave her was long. There were so many charities in Vancouver and all of them had worthy causes. There were children charities, cancer charities, charities for homeless people, and battered women. There were charities for other diseases like AIDS and multiple sclerosis. There was no end to all the save the world charities like save the whales and save the trees. She tried to remember what Busby had told her in that she had enough money now to make some mistakes. And if her mistake was choosing a charity that wasn’t as important to her as another, that would be more than okay. There really were no wrong decisions in this case.

“What is this?” her mother asked as she came back from dropping the kids off at their house.

“Mr. Busby gave me a list of charities to look into. To help me figure out what I want to do. He also gave me some literature on the ones he thought I’d be most interested in with the promise that he could get more if another on the list strikes my fancy.”

“Which one do you think is most interesting so far?”

“Oh I don’t know, they’re all very worthy causes. And none of this has really touched my life before, so I’m not really emotionally attached to a particular cause the way some people are about say, breast cancer.” She held up the pink breast cancer foundation brochure that Busby had given her. “I was never abused, I’ve never had a disease that threatened my life, I’ve never known anyone like that either. I can see these are all really good causes and I’ve decided to make a donation to all of them over the next while, but none of them strike me emotionally. I want to find something that speaks to me, you know? Right here.” She pointed to her heart.

“You’ll find it, Syl. One day you’ll wake up and it’ll occur to you that it has been staring you in the face this whole time. You’ll wonder for a moment how you didn’t see it before and then you’ll figure out how you’re going to make it part of your life.”

Her mother went into the kitchen to see about dinner and Sylvia went back to the papers in front of her. There was something on the list or in the brochures that would strike her emotionally. And when it did, she would know what she was going to do with the rest of her life.



“We’re not getting anywhere.” She paced the bedroom in a sheer, white robe that enhanced her nudity rather than concealed it.

“Our PI is doing all he can, darling. Come lay down. Relax.”

“I can’t relax. William is in jail. He called her last night telling her to bail him out and the little tramp said no. Can you believe that? She said no. To William. If she said no to him, she’ll say no to any of us. What if I need something? Grandfather always bought me the nicest things when I asked him to. But she won’t even bail William out of jail.”

“You need to calm down, dear. You’re working yourself up and it’s not good to have a high stress level. Come here and I’ll rub the tension from your shoulders.”

She flopped down on the bed that she had recently gotten out of so that he could make her feel better, again. “I just want the money so we can get away from here. So we can be together and not have anyone look at us like we’re crazy.”

“I know, dear. I know. I want that too. We just have to be patient. Peter will come up with something. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. We’ll back her into a corner and she’ll have nowhere to run. She’ll have to give us the money we need.”

His hands gently rubbed her shoulders and she started to relax a bit.

“You’re right. Everyone has something. Except, Peter said she’d been poor most of her life. And poor people don’t make secrets the way rich people do.”

“Even if that’s true, she’s rich now, isn’t she? All we have to do is wait. She’ll do something, or has already done something and we’ll find a way to use it against her. She took everything from us, now we’ll have to take it back.”

His hands slipped down her arms and around to her breasts. He squeezed them gently in his hands, kneading the soft mounds.

“I thought you were giving me a shoulder massage.”

“You don’t want a shoulder massage. You want something else.”

“Maybe you’re right. A nice new Hermes bag would be nice. Those Louis Vuitton sunglasses I saw yesterday were to die for. A million dollars in my bank account would be a nice start.”

He pinched her nipple hard between his thumb and middle finger. She yelped and jumped but he held on. Finally, he loosened his grip and she sighed with satisfaction.

“Now what do you want?”

“I want you.”

He tore the expensive robe off of her and tossed it away.

“That’s right. And don’t forget it, either.”

No comments:

Post a Comment